Sunday 5 April 2015

The blessing of Watoto Church

Today April 5th 2015 marks 31 years of a very successful Christian movement established by Canadian Gary Skinner and his wife.

I attended the easter service celebration at Watoto Church Bweyogerere; one of their numerous branches/districts. I have been part of this congregation since maybe 2004 when I left my home in eastern Uganda in pursuit of an education in the central region.

Over the years and through this church, I've learnt to view things as they should:- The Christian way vs my African way.
The order of mentorship, succession and transparent exemplary leadership is my biggest gain from this congregation.
The generosity, love and support this cell based community church (leadership and congregation) renders to the needy in its community and beyond is to an extent unbelievable.
I have a feeling that if Jesus came back as man, preaching in the streets of Kampala and villages of Uganda and S.Sudan, he'd probably mention Watoto in his sermons.
These guys are awesome. But Jesus is Great.

I got my first job in 2012 barely a month after participating in the annual My Miracle Missons Offering, MMO where we were contributing to start a church in S Sudan, support churches in Israel and Burundi. I'm yet to come to terms with the fact that I got my job to start www.gitegainternationalacademy.org a Christian Boarding in BURUNDI. This was surely God's making because amongst all candidates on the interview date, I didn't have academic documents as I was yet to complete my final semester exams. Anyway God led me to Burundi.

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment